Home » All Of Reflections

All Of Reflections

Mid-Term Reflection

Prior to college, high school never really taught us different forms of writing and instead mainly taught us how to write for specialized exams in a specific way, never genuinely educating us in the many writing styles. For the past six weeks, I’ve recognized that there’s a lot more to writing than meets the eye. Especially now that I’ve managed to figure out how to employ rhetorical sensing in my work. Back in high school, they taught me how to “write” by giving us an article to read and then answering questions and summarizing the material. When it comes to writing, I never fully grasp the broader picture until now. These concepts, “rhetorical circumstance, author, audience, tone, purpose, stance, language, genre, and medium,” assisted me in understanding how to incorporate them into my work. Let’s assume someone is writing a love letter to their beloved. The individual who writes the letter is known as the author. The letter’s tone will most likely be authentic and beautiful. The letter’s purpose is most likely to declare their love to their admirer or to express appreciation to them. The genre of the love letter is persuasive writing, and the objective of it is to demonstrate how much they care for the person. Breaking down a scenario using these phrases allows me to comprehend what the text is and see it from the overall discussion in what they are attempting to communicate in their work. Furthermore, Situations like these occur all the time, not just when it comes to writing, when we evaluate the source and put it down in our essay. It’s far more than that; when we apply these skills and expand our thoughts to more knowledge, we move much further and deeper into comprehending the situations in our lives.

Post-Essay Reflection

I use to think of writing as a means to just scribble your ideas on a piece of paper, then
find out how to format it correctly and receive a score for it. I wasn’t given any written
assignments in high school, so when I heard we had a writing project in August, I was really
apprehensive, especially because I had no previous writing experience. One thing I’ve understood
is that we can utilize an outline before we start writing anything. Furthermore , I’ve discovered
that there are many different types of composition, each with its own structure and style.
My research paper is primarily aimed at people who are interested in learning why they
are unable to sleep correctly as a result of technology, as well as the impact this has on their
overall health. When it came to the tone of my paper, the influence of my audience was that I
needed to tell them of the factual information that was the subject of my paper. In terms of the
language, I had to qualify any type of material, which was particularly important when it came to
the study that I included in my research report. Because the audience wanted to be informed
about the paper, an analytical paper was the only genre that could be used.
In general, I took it to our writing center twice for peer critique. In class, as well. It was
really beneficial to me in identifying the flaws in my work that I could address. Reading research
and publications on the internet unquestionably aided me in forming my opinions for this report.

Final Reflection:

Those who would be interested in my concept are primarily music lovers in general who use their mobile devices to listen to music on Spotify, which is a demographic that generally represents the great majority of the general public and for whom my concept is intended in particular, as well as those who are interested in music in particular. The way that a music-streaming service, such as Spotify, calculates what sorts of songs we’ll, for all intents and purposes, appreciate based on what we’ve previously heard from a very enormous archive of tunes is also something that interests me a great deal. I took the choice to use social media and the algorithms used by Spotify to choose music for my project, which is fairly big in terms of its scope and scale of production. Due to the fact that we use technology on an almost daily basis, these two genres in particular are intertwined in terms of their respective audiences and the topic matter at hand, as well as in a for all intents and purposes significant manner in terms of their respective subject matter. Most of the time, these compositions vary from other genre-specific works in that we are unlikely to regard technology to be a kind of genre in the same way that we do music, for the most part. Despite the fact that we have a propensity to think of genre as something that exists just in the English language, it is important to recognize that genre is utilized all over the globe, and even in languages other than English, for all intents and purposes.

This is a WordPress Page. You can edit/delete it from the Dashboard > Pages.

Comments have been turned off for this page.

If you choose to change the title of this page, you may also want to change it in the main navigation Menu from the Dashboard > Appearance > Menus > Menu Structure.